Unhinged Cycle Coaching
I am Rob Stephenson also known as the Unhinged Cyclist, a moniker adopted due to various exploits on the bike. However, there is nothing Unhinged about my coaching methods. I am a qualified coach with the Association of British Cycling Coaches and a Level 2 British Cycling Coach. I am a Category 2 Road Racer and have personal best TT times of 19:40 (10 miles). 50:04 (25 miles) and 3:57:35 (100 miles) I have a young family and run a successful business in London – therefore, I know what it is like to be constrained by time.
We cyclists all have something a little bit special inside us. We know how to suffer. We relish being outdoors whatever the conditions. The thought of riding our bikes up a mountain fills us with excitement (mostly). We like to push the limits and test ourselves. This is what I do as a coach. I look for the cutting edge stuff that is out there and see how it can be applied to the regular time-constrained cyclist and I test it all myself first and only bring things that work to my clients. I do all of this from a solid base of standard coaching practices that are widely accepted and that work and me for my clients.
- Periodised training
- Progressive overload and recovery
- Specificity of training program to your goals
- Regular testing, review and plan adaptation
Why should you use a coach?
“Because the coach is watching what you do.“
This is the most common piece of positive feedback I get. When the intervals get tough, sometimes the only thing that gets my clients through them is the fact that they know that I am watching the results on TrainingPeaks. And guess what? It is here, at the point where you desperately want to quit, where the most gains are to be made.
There are lots of other reasons:
- We are in it together
- Maximise the use of available time
- Tap into the knowledge and experience of the coach
- Objective view of how things are going and the ability to adapt
- Help avoid overtraining
- Share the burden of disappointments and celebrate the wins with someone who understands and is on your side
Why should you choose to work with me?
- I am only looking to work with a limited number of motivated athletes which means I can offer a genuine tailored program to you and your goals. This is not a “one size fits all mass training model”
- I am doing it with you. I am a successful club level cyclist with a family and a job and I appreciate the stresses that you are under
- I am bringing the option of some cutting-edge techniques that can give you the edge and help you optimise your training time – these can be found in the premium services section with links to blogs on how I have used each.
- I have been told that I have a moderately amusing and self-deprecating sense of humour. This is one of the biggest training aids you can have during those dark winter mornings and evenings on the turbo.
Coaching Packages and Pricing
Coaching Packages and Pricing