I have been riding my bike seriously for the last 4 years. I am a self-coached rider, love the geeky side of it all and am passionate about progressing with limited time available to train.
I also have a belief that we riders can take ourselves too seriously at times and want to share tales of cycling adventures where I am generally the butt of the joke.
So you wanna have a laugh and go faster? Then read on…
My name Rob Stephenson, I am mid forties; a father of two children aged 2 and 5 and run a successful business in the recruitment industry.
- Top 100 in the Prudential RideLondon 100 – 4:03:12
- 10 mile TT best of 19:40
- 25 mile TT best of 51.19
- Longest ride of 327.3km and biggest climb of 1,613m
- Category 3 road racer
- Ticket of a few bucket list events: Paris-Roubaix, Tour of Flanders, 305km Dragon Devil sportives
- Soon to be a Level 2 Qualified British Cycling Coach
- You love riding your bike
- You wish you had got into it years ago
- You love seeing how your rides compare with your mates on Strava
- You are time-constrained
- You know how to laugh at yourself (or are willing to learn)
- You most definitely want to go faster/further/higher
- You have been referred to as a nutter/crazy/mental on occasion
This blog is about giving you some tools that can help you go faster whilst entertaining you along the way. You see, we riders are all a little unhinged – it is what sets us apart from the average civilian. It is our badge of honour (along with shaved legs of course).
Join the Unhinged Cycling Club
Subscribe to my email updates to follow my antics and receive my training insights. To thank you, I’ll send you my free 48 page eBook – My 9-step strategy on how to ride faster on a time budget. You can unsubscribe whenever you like.